Custom Appointment Forms are a special type of online form within Finalsite Enrollment that can be linked to your calendars.
They are useful if you want to collect additional information from a family at the point of event registration. When a family registers for an event (via a public calendar link or a calendar checklist item) with a custom appointment form attached, they will be prompted to enter the information you have set as required on the form.
You can create multiple custom appointment forms to correspond to different calendars, or, alternatively, you can link the same custom appointment form to multiple calendars.
Custom appointment forms will not display for calendars that are embedded in forms (such as the Inquiry form). Parents who are booking themselves for appointments via a form will only enter the basic contact information for the appointment.
In this article
- Custom Appointment Forms + Public Links Note
- How-To: Create and Edit Custom Appointment Forms
- How-To: Link Appointment Forms to Calendars
Custom Appointment Forms + Public Links Note
Some of your Custom Appointment Forms may be attached to calendars with Public Links.
Because Public Links create a new inquiry each time a sign-up is submitted through them, we recommend only using them on Calendars for students who are not yet in the Admissions/Enrollment workflow (i.e. only use public link calendar sign ups for your Inquiries and Prospects).
- As a reminder, Public Links are links that you use to add the Calendar to a website or email. Whenever a parent or guardian signs up for a Calendar through a public link, a new inquiry is created for the associated student within the system.
- You can read more about these within our Public Calendar Links article.
For students in the Admissions/Enrollment workflow, we recommend the following option:
- Create Calendar Checklist Items for any event that you are sharing with students who are in the Admissions/Enrollment workflow.
- Have the student/family sign up for the event through the checklist.
- When signing up through the checklist, the student will be presented with the Custom Appointment form, if you are using one with the event.
How-To: Create and Edit Custom Appointment Forms
To access Custom Appointment Forms, navigate to Settings > Forms > Custom Appointment Forms in your Finalsite Enrollment site.
To create a new custom appointment form, click the green plus sign labeled 'Add Form' in the top left of the 'Custom Appointment Forms' page, then enter a display name and canonical name for the form.
You can edit custom appointment forms to the same extent -- and using the same process -- as you can with other custom online forms in Finalsite Enrollment. You can read our how-to article on this, here.
The content of the custom appointment form is up to you. However, please note that the following fields must be on ALL custom appointment forms and marked as required:
Student Apply Year
Student Apply Grade
Please note: Because custom appointment forms are accessed when someone is already booking an appointment, it is not necessary to add an appointment field to an appointment form -- and doing so will actually cause errors on form import.
How-To: Link Appointment Forms to Calendars
To link a custom appointment form to a calendar, navigate to the calendar in the 'Scheduling' tab - 'Calendars' sub-tab. Once you have it pulled up, click on 'Calendar Settings' in the upper right and then select 'Edit Settings'.
In the 'Calendar Details' details window, there will be a box near the top labeled 'Appointment Form.'
Click into this box to select your form, and then hit 'Submit' to save the change. Once this is done, you can repeat these steps to the next calendar (if applicable).